- 28th September, 2018IAC-CAT 2019A proposals deadline
Proposals for the IAC-CAT (IAC80, TCS, OGS, and IAC guaranteed time at the SARA and Las Cumbres networks) for semester 2019A (January to June 2019) have to be be submitted before October 31, 2018, h 23:59 (local time). All details available at this webpage.
- 4th September, 2018Night CAT call for proposals 2019A
The call for proposals for semester 2019A of the night CAT has been released. Deadline on October 2, at 23:59 UT.
- 2nd August, 2018OPTICON call for proposal 2019A
OPTICON announced that the call for observing time at night time telescopes supported by the OPTICON Trans-National Access programme is now open. The call will close on September 2, 2018, at 23.59UT.
- 9th May, 2018Call for IAC-Nordic NOT proposals for semester 2018B
We announce the call for IAC-Nordic proposals for semester 2018B. Deadline: 28 May 2018, at 17:00 h Canarian time (18:00 h CEST). Full announcement available here
- 19th April, 2018Call for proposal IAC-CAT 2018B
The call for proposal to access IAC time at the IAC80, TCS, OGS, SARA and LCO 0.4m telescope is has been released. The deadline is May 15, 23:59 canarian time.
- 6th March, 2018Night CAT call for proposals 2018B
The call for proposals for semester 2018B of the night CAT has been released. Deadline on April 3, at 23:59 UT.
- 6th March, 2018LCO call for proposals 2018B
The call for proposals for the Las Cumbres Observatory has been released for semester 2018B. Deadline on March 29, 23:59 UTC
- 15th February, 2018MuSCAT2 special call for proposals
This call is to announce a special call for proposals for
observations with the MuSCAT2 instrument recently installed at the TCS.
*) The offered period goes from March 1 to June 30, 2018
*) Deadlines for proposals: Friday February 23, 2018, h23:59 UT
*) The PI of the proposal has to be affiliated to the IAC.
*) Proposals can be submitted through the usual web form available at:
*) MuSCAT2 web page:
*) For any questions, please contact ttnn_a at iac.es
- 7th February, 2018OPTICON call for proposal 2018B
OPTICON announced that the call for observing time at night time telescopes supported by the OPTICON Trans-National Access programme is now open. The call will close on February 28, 2018, at 23.59UT exactly.
- 30th January, 20182018-2019 International Time call for proposal
New call for proposal for the CCI International Time. Deadline on February 28, 2018
- 7th September, 20172018A LCO call for proposals
The call for proposals for the Las Cumbres Observatory has been released for semester 2018A. Deadline on October 5, 23:59 UTC.
- 4th September, 2017Night CAT call for proposals 2018A
The 2018A Spanish Night CAT and Spanish/Mexican collaborative time at the GTC call for proposals is available with proposals due October 3, 2017 (17 h Canarian Time). All applicants are recommended to read the call for proposals and check the highlights for 2018A.
- 3rd August, 2017OPTICON H2020 Common TAC new call
OPTICON announced that the call for observing time at night time telescopes supported by the OPTICON Trans-National Access programme is now open. The call will close on 31 August at 23.59UT exactly.
The Horizon 2020 contract has added two new robotic telescopes, a requirement to support time domain astronomy which is defined as a science category in its own right and some changes to the rules on applicant nationalities. We have also tried to define which facilities are best able to support various kinds of overrides, monitoring and time critical observations. Please review the web-page notes carefully, even if you have used the TNA programme before. Note in particular the need to consult with the project scientist if you were hoping to use the MPG2.2m for which the PI will have to demonstrate that certain insurance provisions can be met before observers will be allowed to travel to La Silla.
The semester is centred on Mar 2018 to August 2018, but there are small variations at some telescopes to accommodate their normal semesters and maximise scheduling flexibility. Note that technical support for the submission software is not provided out-of-hours and late applications will not be accepted, so please complete your application in plenty of time. In recent semesters we have received between 60-75 proposals and allocated about 15 projects per semester.
- 31st May, 2017Special call for INT and Mercator 2017B
Special call for the INT and Mercator 2017B. Proposal due on Sunday, June 11th, at 17:00 h Canarian time (18:00 h CET)
- 9th March, 2017Special call for CIRCE polarization proposals 2017A
GTC opens a special call for observing proposals with CIRCE in polarimetric mode for semester 2017A. Due date: April 3, 2017, at 17 h Canarian time (18 h CET).
- 28th February, 2017Standard call for night CAT proposals semester 2017BThe 2017B Spanish night CAT call for proposals for the Canarian Observatories is now available and proposals are due on April 3rd, at 17 h Canarian time (18 h CET). The Gran Telescopio de Canarias (GTC) Spanish-Mexican collaborative time call for proposals is also open with the same due date. There are important changes with respect to previous calls for proposals. The new highlights are available on http://www.iac.es/OOCC/call-for-proposals-semester-2017b/.
- 21st February, 2017EMIR offered for DDT proposals on the GTC
- 9th February, 2017Opticon call for proposal 2017B
The OPTICON call for proposal for semester 2017B has been released. Details can be found in the official announcement.
- 23rd December, 2016Tiempo CAT Solar Español 2017
La Comisión de Asignación de Tiempos de observación (CAT) para los
TELESCOPIOS SOLARES de los Observatorios de Canarias hace pública la
convocatoria de solicitudes para observar dentro del tiempo español
durante el año 2017, en los siguientes telescopios:
OBSERVATORIO DEL TEIDE (Tenerife)
* Vacuum Tower Telescope (VTT)
OBSERVATORIO DEL ROQUE DE LOS MUCHACHOS (La Palma)
* Swedish 1-m Solar Telescope (SST)
PLAZO LÍMITE PARA LA RECEPCIÓN DE LAS SOLICITUDES:
8 Enero 2017, a las 15:00 horas, horal local canaria.
La información general sobre la convocatoria, los telescopios y las
instrucciones para remitir las propuestas de observación se encuentra
en la página: http://www.iac.es/OOCC (Observing Time->Solar CAT->Solar
Por favor, haced llegar esta información a todos aquellos que pudieran
estar interesados en observar en estos telescopios.
Para consultar cualquier duda, contactar con Héctor Socas Navarro
(hsocas at iac.es)
- 28th November, 2016Special call for proposals to use STELLA
Special call for proposals to use STELLA Robotic Telescope – semester 2017A – due date: Dec 15th, 2016, at 17 h Canarian local time.